Wednesday, September 10, 2008

homework

Audrey brought home her first homework on the 2nd night of school. It was a "who am I?" questionnaire. I began to ask her these "easy" questions and quickly realized that she was making most of it up. I had to ask the same questions several times; in the car, during dinner, at bedtime. I kept trying to catch her off guard. I even had to put it down and do some breathing exercises. You see Audrey, she knows how to push my buttons. I had told Travis a log time ago that he would be in charge of homework and this was exactly the reason why. When he got home the next day I asked him "how he would handle the homework situation". I guess I wasn't clear on if it was ok for her to "use her imagination" on this assignment or if her class was really trying to learn some things about her. Seriously how does 4 year old homework become this complicated? Finally, I filled some of them in on her behalf and others I just gave up and let slide...like her pet bunny and her ice skating hobby.

1 comment:

Cori said...

I love the Plastic Surgeon and Weather Reporter!