Wednesday, October 8, 2008

shopping

Something strange happens to you when you are surrounded by all things Disney 24/7 for more than a week. You start to feel like you should have more and more Disney merchandise in your life. Thankfully I did avoid the urge to re do my kitchen in Disney decor this trip, however, I am now the proud owner of 4 shirts, 2 purses, a tote bag, a pair of flip flops, a couple of key chains and more pins than I am willing to admit. Oh those crazy Disney pins. I have issues with letting things become obsessive and boy was I guilty with the pins this vacation. They seem so important while you are there, no really, they do. But so far, once the plane landed back in KC all was back to normal. I have not even once been on eBay to look at pins. Tempting, but no. No really, I haven't, I promise honey :). As for Audrey (and Lucy soon to follow in her footsteps), it pained her to no end to leave a store without making a purchase. Well, let me tell you - ALL of the stores have basically the same thing. She figured this out quickly I think and had a running list of things to ask for in each store as the week progressed. If we said no this time (which wasn't likely because Gma and Gpa were around) she'd have 94 more shots at the souvenir before the trip was over. Audrey also got in on the pin craze. She used every bit of her very own credit card on pins. (The week before Disney Gpa cashed in his change jar and put the balance on a Visa gift card for Audrey because she wanted her own "swiper" for the trip).

1 comment:

Cori said...

Okay, I'm going to have to research the pins. I don't know anything about them.