Sunday, January 31, 2010

fashion party

This was the first year that Audrey wanted to invite her school friends. It's a weird feeling really, inviting a bunch of girls that you don't know to come over to your house for 2 hours. Audrey decided that she wanted to have a fashion show party which was perfect, really, considering the amount of dress up clothes we own could outfit a small town for Halloween.

I ended up turning our dining room into the "backstage" , then making a pink runway to the posing area:First we played "stick the cell phone on the teenager":

Next I handed out the favor bags which included: a pink boa, bracelets, sunglasses, nail polish, cell phone lip gloss, and a lip whistle. And the girls went to town:
This is Audrey explaining how to "walk the runway":Then it was time for "cake":
The party was a success! See those two taller girls? Those are Audrey's 4th grade friends (our neighbors). She "hired" them to be party helpers and quite honestly, they were a huge help painting nails, doing makeup, handing out cookies, etc. And speaking of "I couldn't have survived this without you"...thanks to Nickie for taking all of the pictures! I'm sure the parents thought I'd hired a photographer she did such an awesome job!
Now the big question is: how exactly am I supposed to top this for next year???

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I LOVE IT!! I have been waiting 2 weeks to see these pics!! We will have to start planning next years party now in order to make it "bigger and better" :) You are a ROCK STAR mom!! Great Job!

Cori said...

There is a website called birthdaypartyideas.com and they actually award prizes for parties. You need to enter! That catwalk is phenomenal!

Jessica said...

WOW. What an amazing party!! You are amazing!! I can't believe you came up with all that and have that many dress up clothes!

Hey - I was looking at your photo blog...You've taken some amazing pics. Can you email me a little about your set up? Like do you have lighting, backdrops, are you using Photoshop or whatever, etc?

jessica.campbell@lifefitness.com

Anything insight would be appreciatred!

Jess

Nickie said...

wouldn't have missed it for the world!!!