Sunday, August 8, 2010

quality time

Remember that time when I said I was going to take the summer off from blogging? Yeah me neither.
One day I was thinking to myself that I needed to get an end of school post up and then next thing I know, I'm in Target with the girls buying school supplies for the next year.
This summer has just flown by.
So what happened:
Tons of vacations?  No.
Impromptu field trips with the girls?  No.
Weekly arts and crafts projects?  No.
Complete home remodel?  No.
Marathon training?  No.
Weekends at the lake?  No.
Keeping the laundry caught up?  Nope, not that either.
Turns out regular, boring, normal life is. just. busy.
The girls might get the summer off but I don't.
And all those plans in my head to make the most of summer slowly slip away.
We make the majority of our summer memories outside in the evenings after work.
And it might not be the picture perfect summer that can be seen in a magazine article, but it still counts as quality time in my book...and hopefully in my girls' books too.

Keep scrolling down for some summer catch up blogs.   I might not be posting, but I NEVER stop taking pictures.

p.s.  is anyone still out there?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Still out here and going through the same thing!!

Cori said...

i have missed organized chaos! :) come back.

Nickie said...

what is this that my eyes see, after begging, begging and more begging....my girl has returned. Life is good.

Brandi said...

yahoo..I go on vacation..come home..check my updated on who I follow and to my surprise I find you!!! You have just completed my wonderful week of vacation!!!! Now don't you have some pics to edit or something?? :P

B-Mom said...

Glad you're back!!! Hopefully we can all get together again soon!