Friday, August 28, 2009

kindergarten

The first of 13 "first day of school" pictures with Daddy
(replacing the "chair" pictures)
Walking to her classroom
Putting her things away in her cubby

Sitting at her desk

Writing her name

(I have to note here that Lucy also took a seat, got out the box,
looked up at me and said "Bye Mom")

waiting for class to start
there's no lookin' back now

Well, we survived the first week of school. Audrey did so well. She is in a brand new school with a brand new teacher and I was holding my breath just a little I must admit. She is there all day and stays busy with separate teachers for art, music, library, PE, and computers along with all of the regular Kindergarten stuff with Mrs. Grabel.

We had a little bit of a bus issue at first. My mom was supposed to pick her up every day except the first day she could ride the bus home because I had the day off. On the second day when she didn't get to ride again she was very upset. See, that was the only time all day she got to see her friends from the neighborhood because they are all in different grades. So Audrey and Grandma have worked out a deal where she is now waiting in our driveway for Audrey to get off of the bus. Seriously.Spoiled.Rotten.
Lucy was so happy to see her sissy home!

3 comments:

Nickie said...

That last picture with Audrey and Lucy is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad her and grandma worked out a deal. The bus is lots of fun. She's not spoiled...she is loved.
Jess

Dianna said...

It is hard to believe that Audrey is big enough to be in kindergarten. I still remember when you were a senior in HS!!!! I am glad that Grandma saved the day with the bus. Just wait until she is 16 and too cool to ride the bus. Let's see what Grandma does then :)