Sunday, August 16, 2009

polka dots

As I expected, our weekend project turned into our summer project. I still have a few little things to do (like put pictures into the frames) but enough is done that I can finally post a peek:
"no boys allowed" I replaced the closet doors with dark pink gingham curtains. One reason because the closet doors are always left open into the middle of the room and the other reason because I wanted to put the chest of drawers in that corner.
I made this lamp shade myself. I'm kinda proud of it.
At the last minute, Lucy decided she still wanted her crib. We refer to it as her "cave". Eventually there will be a queen sized mattress on the bottom with a matching quilt...
in the meantime, the girls are using the extra space as a cuddle corner.
doesn't look like Audrey will get lonely up top.
The green doll cabinet and cradle were made for my mom by her daddy. I used them too and now they have been passed down yet another generation.
Every girl needs a hot pink vanity don't 'cha think?
The bookshelf is also 3rd generation. I saw the blue drawers and thought they would be perfect for lots of little jewelery. And the ice cream chair was definitely my favorite antique store find :)
Seriously...where else but Hobby Lobby would there actually be polka dot crosses?
I hope the girls can enjoy this room for many years to come. Thanks to Mary Ann for the wonderful paint job!

3 comments:

Nickie said...

yeahhh about freaking time! sooo cute. Seriously, great job!

Stacie said...

the room looks great!!

Jessica said...

Wow! Its really, really cute! Great job - I bet the girls love it! It also makes me feel better to know that someone else's kids are sharing a room...I've been feeling kind of guilty about it.