Tuesday, October 20, 2009

forever a girl scout

Tonight was Audrey's Investiture Ceremony for Girl Scouts. The leader had put together a beautiful script explaining to the girls what the promise means and the history of Girl Scouts. Audrey invited all 4 of her Grandparents for this special occasion along with her parents...

and Lucy.


Yes that would be lil' sis rolling on the floor during the ceremony.

The girls each lit a candle while they repeated a line from the Girl Scout law.
Getting their pin.

Honestly the majority of the time it seemed like the girls didn't really know what was happening. I didn't let it bother me I just kept reminding myself that they are in Kindergarten. Afterwards, I expressed to my mom that if might have gone a little smoother if we had practiced beforehand. And that's when she tells me "the girls might not have seemed like they were processing everything per say, but as they look back and remember later on in life they will be appreciative that they were made to feel special and so very important". And that's when it hit me, Audrey had not invited everyone to witness her sitting under the table and talking through the song and whining about not getting the right patches. Audrey had invited the most important people in her life so that they would be a part of her memory.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That's pretty touching Jen.