Wednesday, December 2, 2009

semi homemade

In my attempt to not pay for personalized pottery barn kids stockings, I purchased stockings from Hobby Lobby and spent 4589 hours personalizing them myself. I loved that they had 2 different girls. I didn't think it was going to be very fair to let one sister be the ballerina and one be the anythingbesidestheballerina.

The most obvious thing that needed to be personalized was the yellow hair. Second was that they were very pink and pink and not so much red and green.I didn't let things like "what show are those girls from?" and "agggh I wanted one than sings" and "why can't they have snowflake eyes?" and "mommy you forgot to feed us lunch" and "honey I don't have any more clean socks" stop me. I was on a creative mission.The names were the hardest part. Hello, that's what got me in this mess in the first place was the catalog that has all of the stockings with the perfectly monogrammed names that I've been drooling over for years and years. I think I tried at least 5 different ways (one of which resulted in a quick re purchase and start over on a stocking) before settling on this.My favorite part? That I'm done. I hope that the girls will love them and want to use them from now on.

At least they better.

3 comments:

Nickie said...

why did I not know about your creative genious!!!!
You did a great job. Far better then my basic red stocking with the name ironed on the top.

Cori said...

You are amazing!!! I never would have thought to do that! Especially with the hair! Ava likes all things to be brunette also.
Great job!!

B-Mom said...

Wow, you could have told me you got them from PB and I would have believed you!