Sunday, December 7, 2008

santa

This weekend we made our annual trip to see Santa. There really wasn't a week day that we could go to Crown Center (where the real Santa is) and you'd be crazy to try to go there on a weekend and wait at least 3 hours. So up to Metro North we went. The line was still about 40 minutes long but they had free train rides and the ol' hot air balloons to keep us occupied:


We finally get up to see the big man. I let Audrey go first so that she can sit on his lap and chat a while. She asks for a Princess Stove and a Microscope - neither of these has been purchased by "Santa" because "Santa" thought that she wasn't quite old enough for them yet. Uh oh. While that conversation is taking place, I lean over to the photographer and mention that Lucy might scream but that I want him to take the picture anyways. This comment is based on past toddler/Santa experiences:

I noticed that the reason the line was moving so slowly was that he was taking 2,3 4 sometimes 5 pictures of the little ones trying to get them to smile. Well, in my opinion, that just doesn't tell the true story. Finally, I move in to hand Lucy over and I say to Santa "hold on tight!"

I find the difference in freak out techniques interesting...notice how Audrey arched her back and tried to slip out from under Santa's arm but Lucy threw her body forward trying to escape over the arm. Also that Audrey's look is sheer terror but Lucy looks more mad than anything else. Here's another angle from my camera:I also love how Audrey does not seem the least bit concerned about her sister's well being, in fact, she's actually smiling.

Maybe it's because she's excited that Santa's going to sneak her that oven she's too little for.

3 comments:

B-Mom said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are priceless. I agree, I would much rather have the "true experience" documented. Santa looks thrilled in both!

Jessica said...

OMG I love that! And I agree - I like the pics crying - its REAL and HILARIOUS!

Nickie said...

Santa looks exhausted. :) so funny