Wednesday, December 3, 2008

sleepover

Audrey has been feeling a little self-pressure to sleep on her own lately. At first I thought it was because Lucy moved into her own crib recently. My second thought was maybe it was a ploy to get a bunk bed. (But if you listened a little closer to the story she wanted the bunk bed, in our room, next to our bed, with me in it) So she brings this sleeping bag into our room. The first week or so she gets into it for approximately 5-10 seconds and then jumps back into bed. Then she gets the idea to put the sleeping bag into our bed and asks if that "counts". Finally one night she asks me if I will get on the floor with her. So there we are, on the floor, with an empty king sized bed behind us. After about an hour of wiggling I say to Audrey "honey it's ok if you want to get in bed, mommy doesn't mind you sleeping with us at all". To which she replied:

"But mommy, I have got to start practicing for these sleepovers with my friends"


She did finally fall asleep that night. And was back in bed with us by 2am. The next morning she told me that "she didn't have nightmares or anything, she just missed my snuggles".

I missed yours too Audrey Grace...

2 comments:

Cori said...

That is so precious that I could cry. What a darling little girl.. she's trying to grow up to have sleepovers. Stop her! They must all stay little forever.

Stacie said...

We finally got Hadley to sleep in her own bed (before she had a make shift bed next to ours) about 3 months ago!!
So cute how she wants to have sleep overs...how much fun will those be!!