Monday, February 2, 2009

surender

After years of struggling with the finances, I surrendered control of the checkbook to Trav. My mommy brain just couldn't focus on something like that anymore. My all or nothing attitude had caused me to get frustrated more than once and therefore just give up, put everything on auto-pay and basically ignore the rest. In a a few short weeks Trav had managed to get us pointed in the right direction and we were actually starting to get ahead.
While in Oklahoma with my parents and the girls for a funeral I get a call. Travis is okay, the car is not. It's totalled.
I guess maybe this is God's way of telling us that getting ahead is not necessary right now. That maybe keeping up is just fine for a while longer.

5 comments:

Nickie said...

I have been douped...I didn't see on my blog that you updated yours. I finally see an update, come to your blog and find 5 posts I haven't read...WHAT?
Glad Trav is ok. Welcome back home!!!

Brandi said...

O Jen, when it rains it pours :( I am glad to hear Trav is ok but man this is not what I wanted to come home from vacation to!!

Stacie said...

So glad that Travis is okay..but man..it so sucks when the car is totaled!!!

Cori said...

Well, I'm glad Travis is okay. Sorry about the car, though.

We missed you last week. I'm also so sorry about your uncle. Hope you're all doing okay.

Need a ride Saturday? :)

Jessica said...

The good news is its only a car...as bad as it stinks. I'm glad Travis is ok!