Saturday, June 14, 2008

curtain call




Audrey's very first dance recital was last Saturday. This is the dance the they have been practicing since Christmas and you can see how well 3 and 4 year olds retain this type of direction in the video. The very, very bootleg quality video. They wanted $35 for a DVD, along with the $25 pictures, the $10 tickets (including Lucy), the $65 costume and the $25 participation fee. Somehow I felt like I was "sticking it to them" by not buying the video but now that I'm seeing everything else in writing I'm not sure that the purchase would have been that over the top considering how much they already got us for. Oh well. The dance was a success. And by success I mean that she didn't cry or pick her nose.

3 comments:

Cori said...

Okay, this has to be Sarah's? I was in the studio when they were "selling" tickets for the recital, and I was appalled. What's up with that? As if the whole experience isn't expensive enough already?

Love the costume, though. Ava would wear it everyday.

Jen said...

Yes, it's Sarah's. Audrey loves it though. Lucy even needed a ticket. Crazy. I just keep telling Trav it's only the beginning....we have TWO GIRLS!!!

Brandi said...

LOVE IT!!