Wednesday, June 4, 2008

the priorities, they are a changing

So as I'm sitting here at the computer I look over and see Lucy's footprint...in the dust on the floor lamp. My first thought is "look at those cute little toes" my second thought is "OMG I need to dust" and my third and final thought is "who has time to dust, I don't want to miss ANYTHING". Funny how things change once #2 comes along. With Audrey I was an anxious mess, running around still trying to do everything, afraid that I was going to miss all of those "firsts". But with Lucy, things are so much more relaxed around here, I tend to savor more, take it all in, let more things go, because the moments with her are not just her firsts, but they are also our "lasts".
That's all for now, better get back to my girls :)

2 comments:

Nickie said...

amen sista, amen! 2 is for sure different then one!!!
How did your 2nd interview go?

Jessica said...

Wow. I only have one child and I must admit a few pieces of my furniture look JUST LIKE THAT!