Saturday, June 28, 2008

choices

So the Roses, they have officially become an obsession. This happens with me, I should have seen it coming. I do this thing, if I have bought more than two of something it unofficially/officially becomes a collection quickly moving into an obsession. Some of you may remember the pooh bears, the rubber duckies, the stars. Then there's the tank tops and of course the flip flops (must have every color you know). Oh and the fiesta ware, the picture frames, the chairs. What about the over charmed charm bracelet? I even bought the entire carters store one season for Lucy. And lastly, the fire trucks (Nickie). Honestly I could go on and on and I'm sure my husband can attest to every word being true.
Back to the roses, remember when I said I started with three and I was going to add one or two every spring? Well let's see, I now have 9 roses and a mister landscaper home irrigation system. Yep, you read that right, in less than 6 weeks I have become a rose "expert". As it turns out, roses are pretty high maintenance. So of course that meant I had to read up on them by purchasing no less than 5 books. This caused me to instantly want more. And there was no way I could wait all the way until next Spring. I then proceeded to draw a rose garden on graph paper with 17 proposed roses. I even used colored pencils so that I could see which colors would look good next to each other (as suggested in one of the books). Oh, the colors, thousands I'm sure. Trying to choose the best red. Dark pink or light pink. It's a wonder I only ended up with 17 with choices like this. I don't do so well with choices, which might contribute to my obsessive tendencies - ya think?

Anyways, at least this time I ended up with something to show off:
Part of me thinks that I am using the roses as my nurturing outlet since I'm not going to have any more babies and the other part of me thinks that I just need to increase my meds.

1 comment:

Cori said...

We had a rose garden at our house in Beloit, and you're right---lots of work! I didn't start it, the previous owner did. I just tried not to kill it.
We now have several "knockout roses". They must be the most low-maintenance rose bush ever. And they hardly ever get diseased. I love them! They're the roses that surround the "fisherman fountain" at the legends. I think it's by the Gap Outlet.