Monday, June 2, 2008

ode to elastic

So I have a bit of a belly. I'd love to blame it on the 2 babies via c section but truth be told it was there long before then. It's mostly due to sitting; sitting at work, sitting in the car, sitting at home, oh and sitting at those restaurants. But pregnancy did bring on one thing...the introduction to the sweet, sweet panel. To know the panel is to love the panel. Seriously people, I love me some maternity pants, I can't say that enough. I would still be wearing them if I could get away with it. I averaged 6 months post pregnancy with both girls in the maternity pants with the humongous elastic band all the way around. Not as wonderful as the ingenious panel but a very close second. The switch back to reality is always a sad, sad day for me. I am guilty of driving home from work with my jeans undone more often than not - oh the freedom! I no more than get inside the door and practically run upstairs to change into my sweats for the evening. Why oh why didn't I choose a career that uniformed scrubs?

3 comments:

Cori said...

Considering the company you keep, and from what I've read here, I'm very touched by your compliment. Thanks. :)

As for scrubs---they may be one of the best parts of my job. And I hear you about the maternity pants. Cooper is 4 months old, and I just got back into regular clothes (my fat girl clothes, but a victory nonetheless.)

Nickie said...

I love this picture. Always have. And please, don't even get started on maternity pants...STILL IN MINE from time to time.
love you, you beautiful panel jeans lover you!

Anonymous said...

Um, I didn't know we were supposed to quit wearing those pants. I thought they were for Mommy's forever, you know, kinda like "Mommy's little helper" type of thingy-majig?????