Saturday, November 8, 2008

reverse psychology

The other night at dinner, while Trav and I were quietly talking about our Anniversary plans, Audrey's radar ears clued in. The same radar ears that cannot hear me when I say things like "you need to pick up your toys" over and over and over again.

A: what are you guys talking about
J: we're going on a date for our anniversary
A: but I want to coooommmme
J: you'll be at Grandma's, you'll never even know that we're gone
A: but whyyyyyy can't I cooooommmmee
T: this is the night that mommy and daddy talk about what life was like before you were born
A: awwwwwwww, now you are hurting my feelings
J: we're going somewhere where there are no kids allowed anyway
T: yeah it's really boring there you wouldn't like it
J: you have to be really quiet there
T: and they don't even have a kids menu
J: or crayons
T: you will have way more fun with Grandma and Grandpa

A: wait a minute...you guys are just saying all of this to trick me into thinkng that I don't want to come anymore

...busted.

2 comments:

Nickie said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read that. I can sooo see my little Audrey saying that.

B-Mom said...

How do they get so smart so young? Pretty sure I wasn't that smart until, well, still don't know if I am!