Wednesday, November 12, 2008

what not to wear mommy edition

Today I got the privilege of picking Audrey up from school. We had a few minutes to burn before her dentist appointment so I thought we could run into the shoe store to look for some black pattens for the fire fighter ball. This is when my 4 year old tells me that "we aren't even going to bother going in unless I promise to only buy heels". You see, my husband just happens to be the exact same height as me and even though he insists that it would be ok for me to wear heels I saw it as an excuse to not buy any more ever again. Until today that is. So we walk into the store and Audrey is running up and down the isles pointing out the most gauty shoes she can find. And she keeps saying things like "we have got to get you into a pair of heels" and "oh mom these are to die for" and "everyone deserves a good pair of heels". And finally I pick out a pair that look like they might fit on my extra wide flinstone croc wearing feet and when I sit down to try them on...Audrey takes my hand to help me up and then walks me to the mirror because she doesn't want me to fall over and says to me "wow mom, you are a quick learner, look at you already walking in those heels!"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Only 5 years and already knows about heels? A girl after my own heart!

Jen said...

Oh yes, very much so. Not only can she walk in heels, she can run in heels. She wears them every chance she gets. There is an argument in our house almost every morning because although I don't care if she wears her dress up shoes to wal-mart...I just can't let her wear them to school. Just can't do it.